Ethel gathering eggs

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday

Today my MIL and I went to the church we have been attending the past several weeks. Today the service was dedicated to Operation Christmas Child. I got so teary eyed!

It's odd being a caregiver. I have always had a connection with my elders. I don't think I would have had the patience for this 20 years ago. She still forgets things. Get confused. But carries on. She has been concerned lately that her mother and some of her siblings passed on at 79, which is her age. I hope she lives much longer of course. 79 is almost over with and 2012 will be her 80th year.

Christmas will be interesting. My SIL is coming with her daughter. It will be awkward to say the least between hubby and sis. She told MIL today she was jealous that we were the caregivers. Regret I suppose as she did not come to see her mother the entire time my husband was there caring for his mom.

Here's hoping fences will mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment