Ethel gathering eggs

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mom in law

Wow, it's been a bit!

My husband and mother in law came to Texas mid-October. She got the go ahead to travel and she will be staying with us until at the very least, after Christmas. I am excited!

I now have a new role in conjunction with my husband: Caregiver. Mom is doing remarkably well. She still suffers from some short term memory issues, but for the most part is doing well.

I ordered a new book called Diary of a Mad Caregiver by Rebecca Collins.

She sent me an e-mail and was gracious to extend her heart. She let me know that I could keep in touch and let her know of my/our progress. I am very excited to receive the book. It is difficult to find books on the topic that aren't sterilized.

I found her book through a publication that I picked up at church. I took Mom to First Baptist Church in our town. Thinking it was the beginning of a "church home search". Well, I am happy to say she really liked the church. The congregation was very welcoming. I am excited to take her back this Sunday.

It's funny the parallel. My Great-Grandfather Fred lived with my grandparents (Ethel and Ivor) when he was elderly. I have a photo of him holding me he year I was born, a month or so after I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment