Ethel gathering eggs

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Heat

There is no letting up from this heat. I realize it probably not this hot for my grandparents; however I cannot imagine being out in a field all day like Grandpa. Or in the garden like Grandma. But I think the rewards would be great. Your own produce to put up, leaving the doors and windows open for a cross breeze. Up at dawn, down at dusk. God's way I believe.

My dad told wonderful stories when we were in Indiana. Stories of the farm. Little old ladies saying "Is that you Charlie?" while at church. 6generations of my family attending this church.

I buy old issues of The Farmer's Wife magazine. I wonder if Ethel read this publication. I vaguely remember some publications around. Probably Co-Op publications. And a religious one. A lot of times Grandma was crocheting or something while Grandpa was reading or watching the news.






No comments:

Post a Comment