Ethel gathering eggs

Monday, August 1, 2011

Family Reunion

I am attending my family reunion this Sunday. I will be flying home to Indiana, meeting up with my father who is flying up from Florida. My step-mother has decided to stay home this trip. I'll stay with my mom and stpe-dad having a separate family get together on Saturday.

This reunion is my father's side of the family. Ethel's husband's family. My grandpa. Here are my grandparents, Ethel and Ivor in their younger days. Grandpa was a farmer and drove school bus.


I can't remember if this was before they were married or after. The photo below is their wedding picture. My dad often says I looked sad as a child. I think he was afraid I was depressed due to my parents divorcing. But looking at this photo I think it is a look melancholy as I see it in my grandmothers photo here.

And here they are, off to church. The same church I'll be attending this Sunday before our family reunion. North Scott Christian Church. I'll upload photos of the church soon!

Oh, and I have a new read, "The Daniel Fast" I hope to finish it by the time I fly home. I'll keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment